Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

DIY Christmas Gift Tags & Wrapping Paper

I went to Walgreens the other night to buy wrapping paper and it was ridiculously expensive, and not even that cute! Of course I found some more cute ideas on Pinterest, this time DIY Christmas gift card tags and wrapping paper. Instead of buying paper that isn't personable or unique, I will be creating my own. Some people, like myself, really appreciates things like this. I didn't have to buy much for these projects, I just used things I had laying around home or old scraps from past crafts.
I might make these into my Christmas cards this year...hmmm...


I mimicked this idea but instead of buying blank gift tags and decorating them I cut my own. I used paper bags and cut a gift tag shape. They aren't perfect but that's what gives them character. Next, I attached buttons into a tree shape, I didn't match them and instead just randomly placed them on the tag. I then hot glued the button on, let dry and that's it! Literally so simple and way cuter than buying them int the store. You can tape them right onto your gift package or punch a hole and attach a cute ribbon.
                      DIY wrapping paper: kraft paper and neon dot stickersWrapping.

Making your own wrapping paper sounds intimidating but it can be really simple. If you are new to the DIY wrapping paper world it's smart to start of nice and simple. Use materials that you wouldn't normally think of, like cutting up a paper grocery bag. Stamp with paint dots, add glitter or cut out snowflakes and attach. I always use the paper bag approach and attach felt flowers or fabric flowers for a rustic and cute DIY look!

No comments: