Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Happy 200th Birthday Charles Dickens

Today happens to be Charles Dickens birthday. Some of you may not know, but he is famous for writing A Christmas Carol, Great Expectations, Oliver Twist, A Tale of two cities, David Copperfield, The Cricket on the Hearth and many more. I went looking around for the perfect gift in honor of Charles dickens. Everyone know his most famous work: A Christmas Carol, and since kids absolutely love that book I bought it to share with my family. Maybe make it a new tradition to read it aloud on Christmas!

I can actually remember acting in our school play of A Christmas Carol. Now I wasn't the main character or anything but it was still fun to act and be apart of such a classic. Now by owning the book our family can act out A Christmas Carol and I can finally be Scrooge! Great idea inspired by Charles Dickens 200th birthday! Happy Birthday Charles Dickens!!

No comments: